Definitely a big hit!! I admit that the taste of this pie is absolutely extraordinary!! My wife and I run a restaurant and we have used this recipe as one of our desserts. Everyone raves about it!
WHAT YOU NEED :
– 1 cup of pecan halves
– 1 basic pie crust, unbaked
– 1 egg + 3 egg whites
– 1 cup of light corn syrup
– 1/3 cup of packed dark brown sugar
– 1/2 cup of sugar
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- First, roll out the pie crust dough to a 12-13-inch circle on a floured surface.
- Next, you may fit the dough into a 9-inch pie pan, pressing to fit and crimping the edges to form a rim.
- Then please freeze the dough for about 20 minutes.
- Now, please preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine together the egg, egg whites, corn syrup, vanilla, sugar, brown sugar, and salt in a large bowl; mix well. Afterward, stir in the pecan halves and pour the mixture into the pie shell.
- Make sure to bake for about 25 minutes, then tent loosely with aluminum foil.
- Once done, bake until the tip of a knife inserted 1-inch from the edge comes out clean, about 15-20 more minutes.
- Finally, let cool on a wire rack and enjoy.