These Snickers cupcakes taste JUST like the candy bar… A chocolate cupcake filled with peanut nougat, topped with a caramel buttercream frosting, covered in a chocolate ganache, chopped peanuts and a drizzle of caramel sauce.
FOR THE CUPCAKES:
- 3ouncessemisweet chocolate(finely chopped)
- ⅓cupDutch-processed cocoa
- ¾cuphot coffee
- ¾cupbread flour
- ¾cupgranulated sugar
- ½teaspoontable salt
- ½teaspoonbaking soda
- 6tablespoonsvegetable oil
- 2teaspoonswhite vinegar
- 1teaspoonvanilla extract
FOR THE NOUGAT:
- 2 tablespoonsunsalted butter
- ½ cupgranulated sugar
- 2 tablespoonsevaporated milk
- ¾ cupmarshmallow fluff
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- ½ teaspoonvanilla extract
- ¾ cupsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
FOR THE SALTED CARAMEL FROSTING:
- ½ cupunsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 ouncescream cheese(at room temperature)
- ¼ cup salted caramel sauce
- 2 cupspowdered sugar
FOR THE MILK CHOCOLATE GANACHE:
- 8ouncesmilk chocolate(finely chopped)
- ½cupheavy cream
FOR THE GARNISH:
- Additional salted caramel sauce
- Chopped peanuts
- Make the Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a standard-size muffin pan with paper liners.
- Place the chopped chocolate and cocoa powder in a medium bowl. Pour the hot coffee over the mixture and whisk until smooth. Place in the refrigerator to cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda together in medium bowl; set aside.
- Whisk the oil, eggs, vinegar, and vanilla into the cooled chocolate mixture until smooth. Add the flour mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Divide the batter evenly among muffin pan cups. Bake until cupcakes are set and just firm to touch, 17 to 19 minutes. Cool the cupcakes in the muffin pan on wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove the cupcakes from the pan and place on the wire rack to cool completely.
- Make the Nougat: Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the sugar and evaporated milk, stirring until dissolved, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the pan from heat and add the marshmallow fluff, peanut butter, and vanilla extract, stirring until completely smooth. Fold in the peanuts. Let the nougat mixture cool to room temperature before using it in the cupcakes.
- Make the Salted Caramel Frosting: Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and cream cheese on medium-high speed for 5 minutes. Pour in the salted caramel and beat until combined. Reduce the speed to medium-low and slowly add the powdered sugar, a little at a time, until it has all been incorporated. Increase the speed to medium-high and beat for an additional two to three minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Assemble the Cupcakes: Using a paring knife, remove the centers of the cupcakes, leaving a ½-inch border around the edges. Fill the centers of the cupcakes with the nougat mixture. Using an offset spatula, frost the cupcakes with the salted caramel frosting, shaping the frosting into a mound on top of the cupcakes. Refrigerate the for at least 1 hour, until the frosting is set.
- Make the Milk Chocolate Ganache: While the cupcakes chill, make the chocolate ganache. Place the chocolate in a 4-cup measuring cup; set aside. Place the cream in a small saucepan over medium heat and warm until it just comes to a boil. Pour the cream over the chopped chocolate and let sit for 2 minutes. Begin whisking the mixture in the center, gradually working your way outward until the ganache is completely smooth. Set aside to cool, whisking occasionally, until it has thickened slightly, yet still a pourable consistency.
- Finish the Cupcakes: Slowly pour the chocolate ganache onto the center of each cupcake, letting it push itself outward and flow over the sides of the cupcakes. Refrigerate the cake for at least 30 minutes, giving the ganache a chance to set up. To finish garnishing, drizzle additional salted caramel sauce over the cupcakes, and top with chopped peanuts. Keep the cupcakes refrigerated, removing them from the refrigerator about 20 minutes prior to serving.
Nutritional values are based on one serving
CALORIES: 660KCAL FAT: 39G SATURATED FAT: 22G CHOLESTEROL: 77MG SODIUM: 264MG POTASSIUM: 276MG CARBOHYDRATES: 75G FIBER: 3G SUGAR: 58GPROTEIN: 7GVITAMIN A: 615% CALCIUM: 55% IRON: 1.8%