Wow your guests with this decadent Snickers pod pie, layered with a creamy peanut butter filling and a milk chocolate ganache.
- 75g butter, melted, plus extra, to grease
- 250g butternut snap biscuits, coarsely broken
- 250g cream cheese, chopped, at room temperature
- 260g (1 cup) smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 80g (1/2 cup) icing sugar mixture
- 200g milk chocolate, chopped
- 60ml (1/4 cup) thickened cream
- Pods with Snickers, to decorate
- Melted dark chocolate, to drizzle
- Roasted unsalted peanuts, to sprinkle (optional)
- Step 1 Line the base and side of a square 18cm cake pan with foil, allowing the sides to overhang. Brush the foil with extra melted butter. Process the biscuits in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Add the butter and process until well combined. Transfer to the prepared pan and press firmly over the base and 4cm up the sides. Place in the fridge until required.
- Step 2 Use electric beaters to beat the cream cheese, peanut butter and vanilla extract until creamy. Add the icing sugar, a large spoonful at a time, beating well after each addition until combined. Spread over the biscuit base. Place in the fridge for 1 hour or until chilled.
- Step 3 Heat the chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water) until the chocolate is melted. Stir until smooth. Pour over the peanut butter mixture. Scatter with the pods. Place in the fridge for 1 hour to set.
- Step 4 Use the overhanging foil to lift the pie out of the tin. Carefully remove the foil. Drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle with peanuts, if you like.