Cooking these pizzas on the barbecue will make the base really nice and crispy.
- 3 (225g) thick Italian-style beef sausages
- 2 x 150g pizza bases
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2/3 cup tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup roasted capsicum strips
- 25g baby rocket
- Step 1 Heat a greased barbecue hotplate or chargrill (with hood) on medium heat. Remove sausage mince from casings. Break mince into 2cm pieces.
- Step 2 Spray both sides of each pizza base with oil. Place bases on barbecue. Cook one side of each base for 2 minutes or until golden and crisp. Remove from barbecue. Place each base, cooked-side up, on a double layer of greased foil.
- Step 3 Spread sauce evenly over bases. Sprinkle evenly with cheese. Top with capsicum and sausage mince. Return pizzas, on foil, to barbecue. Close hood. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until mince is cooked and bases are golden and crisp. Cut into wedges. Sprinkle with rocket. Serve.